Recipe by Mareesme
A different type of corned beef sandwich for those who'd rather not have sauerkraut on their sandwiches. This was adapted from a recipe found on the Net. (NOTE: If wanted, A vinegarette-type coleslaw can be used rather than the creamy version. Also, if you prefer more or less mustard or mayonnaise, feel free to adjust. We prefer this measurement)
- 8 slices rye bread or 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 8 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lb thinly-sliced leftover corned beef (or deli corned beef)
- 1 1⁄3 cups deli Coleslaw
- 4 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spread each slice of bread with 2 teaspoons mustard.
- To assemble: On 4 slices of bread, layer 3 slices corned beef, equal portions of cole slaw and cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- Top with other slice of bread o assemble each sandwich, layer 1 slice bread, 2 slices corned beef, 1/4 cup coleslaw and 1 slice cheese.
- Place sandwiches on baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 sandwiches.