Shredded BBQ Pork & Cole Slaw Sandwiches
photo by Caroline Cooks
- Ready In:
- 192hrs 20mins
- 3 lbs pork butt, cut into lg chunks
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup hunts hickory and brown sugar barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- French roll
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I used fat free)
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) bag deli Coleslaw
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Place pork in slow cooker and spoon tomato paste over; do not stir.
- Cook, covered LOW 8-10 hrs (or HIGH 4-6 hrs).
- Shred pork, blending tomato paste (I left in the juices).
- Stir in BBQ sauce and salt.
- Spoon on rolls and top with slaw.
For the Tangy Coleslaw:
- Whisk together mayo, mustard,honey & salt in large bowl.
- Add coleslaw mix and raisins; toss until well blended.
- Cover and chill 2 hrs before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!