Recipe by Anu
Cormeal gives an excellent flavour to pancakes, although it makes them kinda hard to spread. Since these pancakes don't have sugar, they can be made either "sweet" or "savory" depending on what you have them with. They also taste great served hot right off the griddle!
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt (If using salted butter, reduce the amount of salt, or omit it altogether)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup water (you might need more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the cornmeal, salt, and butter together.
- Add the milk and enough water to make a moist but firm batter.
- Drop, using about 1/4 cup of batter, onto a hot greased griddle, and flatten using the back of a spoon wetted with water.
- This can be a tad tricky, but wetting the spoon helps a lot!
- When brown, turn and cook the other side.
- Serve hot with maple syrup, honey, or butter.