Recipe by SnowHat
1 starch, 1/2 fat
Top Review by Treenickel
the texture of these was a little on the rubbery side. The flavor was ok but it seemed to lack something. I liked the fact that the calories and fat content were lower than most cornmeal muffins. Maybe I can play with it a little and get the texture better
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted (reduced-calorie)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix lightly with a fork.
- Combine buttermilk, margarine, and egg; stir well.
- Add to cornmeal mixture.
- Stir well; then beat gently for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.