1/3 Photos of Cornmeal Mini-Pizza Dough
This recipe is from Epicurious.com, from a recipe called Three-Cheese Cornmeal Pizzette. I just make the dough and improvise the toppings. The cornmeal gives a wonderful texture and flavor to the dough. The dough freezes well - great for smaller households. The directions below are for two pizzas - but the entire recipe makes four.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 ounce fast rising yeast (2 1/2 tsp)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup hot water (130 deg F)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
your favorite toppings
- 1Preheat oven to 500 deg. F.
- 2In a food processor, combine 1 cup flour, yeast and sugar. With motor running, pour in the hot water.
- 3Turn motor off and add remaining ingredients. Process mixture until it forms a ball, and then process 15 seconds longer to knead.
- 4Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead 10 times. To make two pizzas, cut into half; wrap one half well and freeze for up to one month.
- 5Divide remaining piece in half. Roll or press out each half into an 8" circle. Transfer to a baking sheet and lightly brush or spray with additional olive oil.
- 6Top with favorite toppings, season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- 7Note1: white cornmeal works just as well. While the recipe calls for hot water, I usually use room temperature or even cool water - the action of the FP can heat up the dough quite a bit, so I would rather allow a little more time.
- 8Note2: toppings must be thinly sliced; meats and some veggies should be cooked - this pizza is in the oven only a short time. I've never used a pizza sauce with this - if you do and it works, let us know!
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Mini-Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (657 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 596.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g