Quick Beer Pizza Dough
The beer adds just a hint of fragrence and flavor in this quick pizza dough. We found this great recipe in the King Arthur Catalog. Another great one from King Arthur Flour. We modified it a bit to match the things we have in our pantry. Please note that the prep time includes the rising time for the dough.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups room-temperature beer
- Mix and knead together all the ingredients - by hand, mixer or bread machine - until you've made a smooth, soft dough. Cover the dough, and allow it to rise for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 500F with a pizza stone (if you are using one) on a lower rack.
- Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a 10" to 12" round.
- Place the rounds on parchment paper, if you're going to use a pizza stone. Or place the dough on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Transfer the pizzas, parchment and all to the baking stone. Or place the pans in the oven. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the oven, top as desired, and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until the bottom crust is crisp and the cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Remove from the oven, and serve hot.