Olive Garden Pizza Dough
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- Pour warm water into a bowl. Add yeast. Using a whisk, whisk completely to dissolve yeast. Set aside for about 5 minutes, or until yeast activates.
- Add 1 cup flour, all the salt, and the olive oil. Mix well. Add remaining flour 1 cup at a time until dough is soft and springy. Dough should turn into a ball. If dough is too dry, add a very small amount of water. If it's too wet, add a very small amount of flour.
- Place dough on a floured board and cover with a dry towel. Allow to sit until ball doubles in size.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll into balls and again allow to rise. If you are not using the dough immediately, wrap each ball with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Once ready to use, unwrap ball and bring to room temperature.
- Place dough on floured board. Using hands, flatten dough and spread out to form a circle.
- Top with desired ingredients.
- Bake at 550 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Simple and successful. We made three pizzas from this: two fairly normal hand-tossed pizzas and a Chicago-style deep dish one. All three came out great! I kneaded the dough-ball quite a while and was surprised that isn't in the directions; but one effect of kneading is that the dough must sit a while before being rolled out or it will pull back into a ball as you spread it. Made for Pick A Chef.