1/2 Photos of Cornmeal Blueberry Wheat Germ Muffins
This is a healthy recipe with the wheat germ in it. This is from the Kretschmer Wheat Germ web site. I didn't have skim evaporated milk, used powdered buttermilk and water. Used 1 egg and no egg white.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup kretschmer wheat germ, any flavor
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk or 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 -2 cup fresh blueberries or 1 -2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1Preheat oven to 400* Grease or paper line 12 muffin cups, or 6 jumbo size muffin cups.
- 2Combine corn meal, flour, sugar, wheat germ and baking powder in large bowl.
- 3Combine milk, vegetable oil, yogurt, egg and egg white in small bowl, stir until blended.
- 4Add to corn meal mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- 5Gently fold in blueberries.
- 6Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- 7Bake for 18 to 20 minutes for 12 muffins or about 25 minutes for 6 or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes, remove to wire rack to cool slightly.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Blueberry Wheat Germ Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 74.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g