Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great to eat hot or cold.
Make and share this Cornish Pasties recipe from Food.com.
- In a small saucepan, cover diced carrots with water.
- Bring water to a boil and cook for approximately 10 minutes until tender.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl, and rub in butter until the flour is the consistency of coarse crumbs.
- Mix in water.
- Roll dough out on a floured board until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out six circles, each about 5 inches round.
- Mix meat and vegetables together, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover half of each pasty base with the filling.
- Moisten pastry edges, fold pastry over the filling.
- Press edges together with a fork.
- Transfer raw pasties to a baking tray, brush tops with milk, and make a small slit in each top to allow steam out.
- Bake at 230 degrees C for 10 minutes, then oven down to 175 degrees C and continue to bake for 35 minutes.