1 hr 30 mins
Great to eat hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, cover diced carrots with water.
- 2Bring water to a boil and cook for approximately 10 minutes until tender.
- 3Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl, and rub in butter until the flour is the consistency of coarse crumbs.
- 4Mix in water.
- 5Roll dough out on a floured board until about 1/4 inch thick.
- 6Cut out six circles, each about 5 inches round.
- 7Mix meat and vegetables together, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Cover half of each pasty base with the filling.
- 9Moisten pastry edges, fold pastry over the filling.
- 10Press edges together with a fork.
- 11Transfer raw pasties to a baking tray, brush tops with milk, and make a small slit in each top to allow steam out.
- 12Bake at 230 degrees C for 10 minutes, then oven down to 175 degrees C and continue to bake for 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornish Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.2
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.0 mg
- Sodium 336.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 26.5 g