Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple but impressive dish that makes your guests think you've been in the kitchen for hours. From Grey Poupon.
- 2 (1 1/4 lb) Cornish hens
- 1 large garlic clove, split
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- cooked wild rice
- Rub hens inside and out with garlic.
- Sprinkle inside and out with lemon juice.
- Bake in 400ºF oven 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove hens to warm. platter.
- Stir flour into drippings in pan.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine mustard, broth, wine and honey.
- Gradually add to flour mixture, stirring constantly.
- Bring to boil.
- Mix in nuts.
- Split hens.
- Place on bed of wild rice.
- Spoon sauce over all.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry and kiwi, if desired.