Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this recipe in Taste of Home.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (24 ounce) Cornish hens (24 oz each)
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves (no sugar added)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- In large skillet, saute the mushrooms, pecans, and onion in 4 tbsp butter until tender. Stir in the rice, apricots, parsley, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup rice mixture into each hen; tie legs together with kitchen string. Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Melt remaining butter; brush over hens.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees for hens and 165 degrees for stuffing. In a small saucepan, warm preserves and vinegar; spoon over hens. Bake 15 minutes longer.