Recipe by Kareybear
So yummy. Everyone wants the recipe when they try them.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
I attempted to make these cookies today and ended up with a bunch of candy coated corn flakes...I could not get the mixture to stick together. You can not get macintosh toffee bars in my area so I had to substitute Heath toffee bars. That might have and something to do with the flop. In any case I ended up melting marshmallow and making a rice crispy bar glue to get the mixture to hole together. My DD who often helps out in the kitchen said that the final outcome was very tasty even if it was not true to the recipe. I will continue to look for macintosh toffee bars so I can try the recipe again. Made and reviewed for My-3-Chefs 08
- 12 macintosh toffee bars
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 10 cups corn flakes (may need to add more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt toffee bars, butter, cream on low heat in medium saucepan until a creamy mixture is formed.
- (I like to add butter, get that melting. Then add toffee, then cream) In a large bowl pour cornflakes.
- Add toffee mixture and stir until well incorporated.
- On well buttered cookie sheets drop cookies.
- Or cookies can be pressed into cake pans and then cut (I usually do this with the last little bit and they aren't as nice looking as the dropped cookies).
- Makes about 30 large cookies.
- *measurementsare approximate, I rarely measure tings.