Recipe by Ang11002
I made this last mth and got the recipe from a Puerto Rican cookbook. SO good, cheap and filling! Serve over white rice or noodles! Sofrito is red and found in the ethnic food section of your grocery store:)
Top Review by Um Safia
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 ~ Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles! This dish would get more than 4* if possible! It is simple & fast to put together & is really, really tasty. DS especially loved this & 'helped' his sister finish off hers! Thanks for a great recipe :)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sofrito sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen French-cut green beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a skillet or frying pan; add sofrito & tomato sauce, sauting for about 3 minutes.
- Add frozen green beans. Cover and cook over moderate heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover; add corned beef (broken up); stir to blend, and cook 5 minutes more.
- Serve over white rice or noodles.