Recipe by Gerry sans Sanddunes
A pie for lovers of corned-beef, from PIES: SAVOURY AND SWEET published by the town of Warkworth, Ontario, home of the Warkwork Perfect Pie Contest. This is GREAT with a chutney and salad.
- 1 pastry for double-crust deep dish pie or 1 thawed phyllo pastry, for same
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (340 g) can corned beef
- 4 cups cooked peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Line pie plate with pastry or phyllo.
- In small, non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion.
- Cook, stirring, 7 minutes- or until onion is lightly browned.
- Stir in cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine corned beef and peas, breaking up corned beef with a fork.
- Stir in onion mixture.
- Pour into prepared pie plate, Dampen edge of crust with water.
- Cover with top pastry or phyllo.
- Trim edges and flute.
- Cut steam vents in top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until top is golden.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.