Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Always my favorite quiche, this recipe was give to me by a friend many years ago. You can serve it at a brunch, ladies luncheon, a midnight snack, or take to a potluck supper. An upscale version of corned beef hash! YUMMY.
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- 15 ounces corn beef hash (I use 50% less fat by Mary Kitchen)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 2 eggs or 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese with chives or 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese or 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- Mix all Bottom Layer ingredients together and press into pie crust.
- Mix all Top Layer ingredients together and pour over the first layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until set and firm in middle.
- Cut into 4-6 wedges and serve.
- MAKE-AHEAD: This can be made, baked and frozen.
- VARIATION: To make as an appetizer, use a refrigerated pastry crust.
- Press pastry into a rectangular baking pan and follow Steps 1 and 2.
- Cut into small squares.
We liked this tasty, healthy pie. I did not use a pie crust, as DH is diabetic, and I was lowering the carbohydrates for him. We enjoyed the quiche....even without the crust. The topping of cheeses was very good too. It was easy to prepare after a hectic day. I served it with a tomato/cheese salad for a hearty meal. Thanks, BeachGirl for sharing your recipe!
Best quiche ever. Everyone loved it. I used fresh homemade corned beef from Corned Beef (Corn Your Own) on the bottom and topped that with 1/2 package Idahoan instant garlic & herb mashed potatoes and the rest of the ingredients.