Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Canned corned beef is one of those things that's always in my pantry. (Thanks, Mama!) This is one way to make use of it, from Hormel.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 slices white bread, crusts trimmed, cut in half diagonally
- 1 (12 ounce) canhormel corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Cook celery, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Arrange half of the bread slices in bottom of 2-quart baking dish; top with half of the corned beef. Spoon vegetable mixture over corned beef. Cover with remaining corned beef; top with remaining bread. sprinkle top with cheese. Combine milk and eggs; mix well. Carefully pour mixture over bread. Bake in 350°F oven 40 minutes or until golden brown.