Recipe by nope
Thanks to ASMITH212!
Top Review by hoppyjack
We have made this 3 times with great results. The 1st time, I had no yogurt so made buttermilk with milk and vinegar to substitute. The 2nd time I used a cup of sour cream with no yogurt. This last time, I had the correct ingredients. It was good for time 1 and 2 but outstanding for this 3rd time.
I used House Autry Medium white cornmeal, omitted the Splenda and used regular sour cream-not fat free. Each time, I melted bacon grease in my small iron skillet prior to pouring in the batter. Delicious but not low cal.....Baked at the 375 degrees but it took about 30-35 minutes to bake.
Super recipe. Thanks for sharing. Since I have been unable to eat wheat for about 5 years, this is the best cornbread I have made. My grown kids and the young grandkids love it too.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 2⁄3 cup fat free sugar free yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix liquid ingredients in a small bowl.
- Gently fold the wet into the dry. Pour into a round cake pan, sprayed with Pam. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are a golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 6 wedges.