Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This stuffing is my favourite, my mother-in-law makes it whenever we visit. I use Easy Cornbread for the cornbread, but I suppose any type of cornbread would do.
- Boil the potato until tender. When cooked, mash up.
- Place chopped celerey and green onions in a small pot covered with water. Bring water to a boil, turn down to medium and boil until tender. When draining, reserve some water to add moisture to the stuffing.
- Crumble the cornbread and whole wheat sandwich bread into a bowl. Add the, cooked celery and green onions, and mashed potato.
- Mix all ingredients together well, taking care not to crush the bread pieces too much.
- Place in greased casserole dish and spread soft butter or margarine over top.
- Bake at 350F for approximately 30 mins, or until top is golden brown.