Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This comes from The New Dr. Cookie Cookbook. It's a low-fat cookbook filled with cookies, muffins, cakes and breads. I like it because it tastes moist and doesn't make a mess when eaten.
- In one bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat egg, honey and oil with an electic mixer until smooth.
- Add the milk, beat again.
- Stir in, by hand, the cornmeal mixture until just combined. It will be lumpy.
- Pour into a 9 inch pie plate that's been sprayed with cooking spray or a 9 inch greased cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick insterted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot.
I'm not sure where I went wrong. This didn't turn out well for me. I'm not sure what I did wrong or what I omitted. I will come back and retry and update my review later.
I made this exactly as written and it was wonderful! We're still eating on it 2 days later (since it made so much and it's just the 2 of us). Going in keeper file. Thanks!
This was good cornbread. Very moist and tasty. I liked the nutritionals, but I would have liked a more corn taste.