Recipe by cookee monster
This comes from The New Dr. Cookie Cookbook. It's a low-fat cookbook filled with cookies, muffins, cakes and breads. I like it because it tastes moist and doesn't make a mess when eaten.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In one bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat egg, honey and oil with an electic mixer until smooth.
- Add the milk, beat again.
- Stir in, by hand, the cornmeal mixture until just combined. It will be lumpy.
- Pour into a 9 inch pie plate that's been sprayed with cooking spray or a 9 inch greased cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick insterted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot.