Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup coffee creamer
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly spray muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg substitute, creamer, and cottage cheese; blend until smooth.
- Using electric mixer, add egg mixture to flour mixture and blend until smooth.
- Fold in shredded cheese and let stand 5 minutes at room temperature. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
We didn't care for these at all! Chewy and bland. Awful!
I can't believe no one has rated this recipe yet! These are some of the most awesome corn muffins I've ever had the pleasure of eating. The only changes I made were to use whole milk instead of coffee creamer and I also used full-fat cheeses (nonfat cheese scares me). Definitely a keeper, probably will be making these muffins quite a bit.