Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This savory corn casserole is a cross between a corn pudding and corn bread. You can use 1-1/2 cups frozen cooked corn in place of the corn niblets, In the summer season I like to use any leftover fresh corn that I remove from the cob in this dish, I really don't bother measuring how much corn I use, so even around 2 cups niblets would be fine also! No need to add in any salt as the packaged muffin mix already has salt in it. Since my family likes extreme spicy flavor so I most always add in the jalapeno pepper, but that is optional.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (or very soft)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large eggs (or use 3 egg whites)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (very soft)
- 3 -4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn niblets, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix (Jiffy is good)
- black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the first 9 ingredients; mix well to combine (you can omit the jalapeno pepper).
- Add in the corn muffin mix; mix until well combined, then season with black pepper.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.