Corn Fritter Casserole
photo by Diane L.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese or (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with whisk until smooth.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper, whole Kernel and cream style corn, mix well.
- Add muffin mix and black pepper, stirring until well combined.
- Pour into a 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am so glad someone has posted this but can't believe it hasn't been rated yet! I have been making this for several years now and it is ALWAYS a hit. I leave out the onions and peppers and the original recipe calls for 3 egg whites rather than 3 whole eggs. I'm sure it is wonderful either way though. This is really a 5 star recipe!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi... I am Diane, I live in St. Charles, Missouri (near St. Louis) and I am "The Mighty Assistant" in a probation office. For fun I enjoy live music, playing pool, several crafts and playing with my cat Sly and Harley the dog. I've always enjoyed cooking and love to try new things. I received a bread machine last Christmas and have been having fun trying out all different types of breads. I have recently become addicted to weekend mornings with the Food Network. My favorites are Rachael Ray, Sandra Lee and Paula Deen.