Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know this sounds strange, but Mmm. My friend Melissa brought this to a party in the summer. It was a cool treat on a really hot day. Different than any other dip I had ever had. It was gone in a flash!
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh corn kernels (two large ears of corn)
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk (or 1% with dash of half & half)
- 1⁄3 cup silken tofu
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
- Cook corn and milk in skillet over med-high heat until corn is tender. Stir occasionally. Takes about 7 minutes from start to finish. Let cook completely.
- Puree 2/3 cup corn mixture, tofu, lime juice and salt in food processor; season with pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl; strain and add remaining corn.
- Stir in tomatoes and basil.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Dip can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 day.