Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Canned clams are an inexpensive and easy way to satisfy a craving when you live in AZ. Add canned cream corn, onion, green pepper and Worcestershire sauce and you will think you are at the seashore. Posted by request.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can minced clams
- 1 (20 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F, grease a 1 quart casserole.
- Drain liquid from clams into a measuring cup and add enough milk to total 3/4 cup.
- Put clams in a mixing bowl, add the clam-milk mixture, corn, eggs, crumbs, onion, seasonings green pepper and mix well.
- Add to the prepared casserole, dot with butter and bake 35 to 45 minutes until set.
Sorry but this one did not make anyone in my family happy. The flavors were not bad but I don't think a pudding texture is what I am looking for in a meal.
When I first looked at this recipe it looked interesting but I was still unsure of what clams would be like in this. and to my suprise it was delicious. It makes a great meal or side dish with fish or steak. It was just like a corn pudding. I had enough for 2 main course meals and just had some bread and butter with it.