Shirley's Baked Clam Casserole
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 34 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 6 1⁄2 ounces minced clams (fresh lobster, langastanos, scallops, shrimp, or fresh white fish may be substituted)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Crush crackers.
- Mix clams or other seafood and crackers together.
- Put in small individual casserole dishes of your choice. The amount this will serve, depends on what size you use. I use about 8"x3" individual casserole dishes.
- Divide the seafood mixture between the casserole dishes.
- Add melted butter over the top of each casserole dish.
- Squirt desired amount of lemon juice over top.
- of all.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 325.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved this dish Linda. It was quick and easy to make. What a lovely decadent treat. Rich and delicious. I used salted saltenes as I was out of ritz crackers. It was a worthy substitute. Thanks so much for sharing. I will be making this again, trying other shell fish. Made for May pool party / 10 :)
This was a very rich and delicious choice for my dinner with friends. I made and filled 3 ramekins. I used the juice from 1 lg. lemon over the cracker crumb mixture, and used Geisha canned clams. I also added quite a few shakes of malt vinegar to the butter before pouring it on top of each ramekin. My guests ate every bit on their plates and wanted the recipe to take home and try their hand at it. Sometimes simplicity is best, and this is one of those times!
I prepared a double recipe for this to serve company as an appetizer, so I made small servings in ramkins and it worked beautifully. The crackers are rich and buttery with the butter, but with the lemon juice added the flavor was sensational! I got rave reviews from my company who thought it was exceptionally delicious! My DS and his GF asked for the recipe so they can prepare it to bring to a dinner they are attending on Valentine's Day. This is a winner all the way, and I will be serving it again. I may try with other seafood next time and I know we will enjoy that too!
Good Golly Miss Molly! You sure want to try this one! My DH and I thought it was perfect as part of our anniversary dinner along with a nice garden salad and a glass of Chardonnay. This is one meal we are sure to have again and again. It was excellent and definately company worthy! Would be good with any seafood. Thank you!