Recipe by akcooker
This is a slimmed down version of the original recipe that I started making many years ago. We now use uncured turkey bacon and fat free evaporated milk. It's still a family favorite.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, preferably uncured turkey bacon
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup water (or enough to cover)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 2 cups nonfat milk or 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in oil until crisp; drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Add onions to drippings, and saute till golden.
- Add potatoes and water to cover. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer about ten minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn, milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir in about one-third of the turkey bacon; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with additional crumbled bacon and freshly grated pepper.