Top Review by momma213
This is very good. I was out of whole kernal corn to make my regular corn casserole recipe so I came on and search for one using only creamed corn and found this. I didn't any green peppers so I used a can of diced green chilis, drained. It was very moist and good. It did take longer to bake. I made it a second time today for our church dinner and bake it at 350 but it still took a hour to bake. Thank you for the recipe.
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 3 large eggs
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 ounces pimientos
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green peppers or 1 cup hot pepper
- cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs; mix in cornmeal and all other ingredients.
- Place in a 9 x 13-inch pan and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove and place grated cheese on top. Return to oven to melt the cheese.
- For a complete meal, place scrambled hamburger with taco seasoning, 1 cup diced onion and small can tomato sauce. Brown hamburger and onions. Add tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- Note: If you like hot, add the hot green peppers.