Recipe by kwlabear
Light and gluten free, adapted from allrecipes.com. I took the sugar out because I don't like sweet cornbread and added some spices. This has a nice soft texture and goes well with my crockpot corny chili.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Thaw corn kernels.
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Beat in the masa harina and water.
- Coarsely chop corn in food processor on low speed.
- Stir the corn and the cornmeal into the butter mixture.
- In another bowl, mix together milk, salt and baking powder.
- Combine the two mixtures until well blended. Do not overstir.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and place into a 9x13 inch pan filled 3/4 inch high with hot water.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove small pan from water and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.