Recipe by Suzanne Metz
This recipe was taken from Betty Crockers Recipes website with tweaks made by me.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 16 ounces thick & chunky salsa
- 1 -8 1⁄2 ounce Jiffy cornbread mix (mixed separately and mixed with 1/2 cup of frozen corn added)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In 12 inch. nonstick skillet, carmelize onion then add beef and brown. Stir in seasonings, black beans, mixed vegetables and salsa. Heat to gentle boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In ungreased 2 quart casserole baking dish, spread beef mixture. Make muffin mix as directed adding 1/2 cup frozen corn to mix. Drop batter by spoonfuls on top of beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.