Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple but delicious muffin recipe.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce, unflavored
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add egg, applesauce and milk; stir gently to combine. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Great tasting quick muffins. Not to light or dense. My family enjoyed it with Quick Homemade Chili Con Carne With Beans.
Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/quick-homemade-chili-con-carne-with-beans-10203?oc=linkback10203
My husband who usually likes traditional corn muffins liked these. The 12 muffins were small so you would only get 6 large ones. This is a good recipe if you are looking for lowfat muffins.
I cut the recipe in half because I only had 1/2 cup of cornmeal left. Also didn't have any applesauce, so I just used oil. We were having soup for dinner and this went well with it.