Recipe by kikyo7734
A simple but delicious muffin recipe.
Top Review by Sweeteacakes
Great tasting quick muffins. Not to light or dense. My family enjoyed it with Quick Homemade Chili Con Carne With Beans.
Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/quick-homemade-chili-con-carne-with-beans-10203?oc=linkback10203
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce, unflavored
- 1 cup nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add egg, applesauce and milk; stir gently to combine. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.