One Banana Bread Muffins
photo by Jenny S.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 banana
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prep. muffin tin, with butter/spray or liners.
- Melt Butter in Microwave for 30 seconds. Meanwhile, in a meduim mixing bowl, mash your banana.
- Then in the same bowl add; sugar, brown sugar,milk, melted butter, egg. Then cream together.
- Once creamed, add Baking Soda, Salt, and flour. Mix well.
- Then fill the muffin tins 3/4 up, and place in the middle of the rack.
- Let them bake for 17 minutes, or until middle comes out clean with a knife.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe turned out wonderful! I did modify it though by adding less sugar and instead of butter I used a single serving tub of Activia yogurt, yellow apple flavour, and also added a half teaspoon cinnamon and forgot to add in the milk - so I suppose they didn't rise like they should. I ended up with 6 muffins but they were moist and flavourful - thank you for posting this recipe!
Glad I read reviews before I started making this recipe. I ended up not using the white sugar in the recipe. I also added some pecans and dark chocolate. They turned out great. Definitely enough sugar and I would even say I could have dropped the amount down more. 4 stars due to I didn’t follow the recipe exactly, but what I ended up with was very good.
Great recipe, although I realized that forgot to include the vanilla. Re-reading the recipe, I think it was actually left out of the instructions. I'm assuming it should go in with the butter, egg, banana. Yes, these muffins are a little sweet but my husband and I like them that way. No more freezing of a lonely over-ripe banana. That straggler will be made into delicious muffins using this recipe!
see 8 more reviews