Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This colorful make-ahead salad is from the June 2010 issue of Better Homes and Gardens. It's an unusual combination flavors, colors and shapes that makes this a pretty and tasty salad.
- 6 ear fresh corn
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 59.14 ml red onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml honey
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- Cook corn in boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. (Or roast on grill.).
- In serving bowl combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- For dressing, combine lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, and 1/2 t salt. Combine well. Add to salad and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Delightful summer salad! The flavors were great, with crisp textures and crunch. The blueberries added an unexpected but lovely burst of flavor. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 47
I was amazed at how delicious this combo of ingredients was. It never would have occurred to me to mix them together. I used corn originally from ears of corn I bought locally in September which I cut from the ears, blanched and froze myself. I'm sure this recipe would be even better with fresh corn. Made for Veg N Swap tag Nov. 2012.
It's winter so I had to use frozen corn. But that's okay. I roasted the kernels in the
oven and instead of fresh blueberries I used ones I harvested and dehydrated last summer.
In a large bowl were tossed various mixed greens then the other salad ingredients were added, reducing the amount of corn significantly. We liked the touch of cumin in in the dressing. In the summer I'll make this again with fresh corn and fresh local blueberries. A nice blast of color on the dining table in the dead of winter was surely welcome! Reviewed for Veg Tag February.