Recipe by Wish I Could Cook
This colorful make-ahead salad is from the June 2010 issue of Better Homes and Gardens. It's an unusual combination flavors, colors and shapes that makes this a pretty and tasty salad.
Top Review by Starrynews
Delightful summer salad! The flavors were great, with crisp textures and crunch. The blueberries added an unexpected but lovely burst of flavor. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 47
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook corn in boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. (Or roast on grill.).
- In serving bowl combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- For dressing, combine lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, and 1/2 t salt. Combine well. Add to salad and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.