Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great make ahead appetizer.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, fresly grated
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup hot pepper jelly
- .Position knife blade in food processor bowl.
- Add corn and process until corn is coarsely chopped. Set aqside.
- Drain chiles and press between paper towels until barely moist.
- Set aside.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour and the nest 6 ingredients in a medium bowl.Stir well.
- Combine chopped corn, chiles, egg substitute3 and red pepper in a small bowl and stir well.
- Add corn mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour evenly over work surface.
- Turn half the dough out onto floured surface and knead 10 to 12 times or until smooth.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and shape into a 14-inch log.
- Repeat mixture with remaining 1 tablespoon flour and dough.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.
- Transfer logs to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut logs diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place slices on baking sheets, cut sides down and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake an additional 20 minues or until dry.
- Remove from baking sheetsw and cool completely on wire racks.
- To serve, spread cream cheese evenly over biscotti and top with jelly.