Recipe by dicentra
Top Review by Trinkets
Thx so much for posting this fabulous recipe! It is great just as it is written. My entire family loves this dish for dinner on hot summer nights served with grilled quail. Everyone who likes cilantro, zucchini and corn should try it! **This was saved in my Top 2008 Recipes Cookbook!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups corn (from about 4 ears)
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces (1 lb total)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook scallions, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add corn, zucchini, cumin, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.