Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Lemony Thyme
Make and share this Corn and Potato Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cut across grain into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 potato, small diced (or 6-8 tri-colored fingerling potatoes you happen to have on hand)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- salt & pepper
- 2 scallions, thin sliced
- crispy crumbled bacon (to garnish)
- In a dutch oven, brown bacon over medium-low heat. Reserve 2 Tbl. for garnish.
- Add onion, garlic, and potato and saute until onions are tender.
- Add parsley, then sprinkle mixture with flour and saute for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add corn, chicken broth and milk, increase heat to med-high and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer 8-10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve in bowls, top with scallions and reserved crispy bacon.