Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is easy to throw together with ingredients that are more than likely in your kitchen already. It's a great way to use up leftover ham bits, and is a nice, home-style soup to serve on a blustery day.
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped baked ham
- 1 cup heavy cream
- whipped cream (optional)
- chives (optional)
- In saucepan, combine all ingredients except cream. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream. Heat through, but DO NOT BOIL.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chives, if desired.
This is really a great soup! Easy, fast, and made from staples either in the fridge or freezer. I used frozen corn instead of canned, and an orange pepper instead of green, but otherwise made as written. I would make two small changes next time I make this- first, saute the onion and pepper before adding the rest of the ingredients; second, add a clove or two of garlic and saute with the vegetables. This was really great for a weeknight, and a wonderful way to use up leftover ham.