Recipe by celeste and co.
My family's favorite Tex-Mex side dish. Mild flavor.
Top Review by OB Nurse
I made this for a birhtday potluck and received many compliments. I did increase the amount of rice and wouldn't suggest doing that as it made it too dry for my taste. Stick to the original amounts and it should turn out perfectly. The combined flavor was so good that I will make it again, but will do it according to the recipe.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in water according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add the cooked rice, cottage cheese, corn, sour cream, chopped chiles, salt and pepper to a large bowl; mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until well heated and cheese is melted.