Chill a beer for this nice and spicy dish! The elbows should be cooked al dente in well salted water to prevent broken mushy noodles. Do salt the water liberally. (2 teaspoons is not a lot once mixed with the rest of the ingredients) Seasons the pasta and avoids father salting in the recipe. This can be eaten as a side or a main balanced meal. I opted for yogurt and smart balance for better health. But you can use sour cream and mayo.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (cooked al dente drained and spread on a towel to cool preventing farther cooking.)
- 16 ounces canned low sodium corn (rinsed, drained and smoked or grilled for flavor)
- 16 ounces low-sodium black beans, and drained
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, Minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite,I do hot)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped or
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup smart balance mayonnaise
- Mix all ingredients together and chill 1 hour to overnight.
- Do additional mayo or olive oil just before serving if extra creaminess is desired.