Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Delicious Living. Very important: Use the most flavorful tomatoes you can find and only make this salad when you have corn that is fresh and [best quality!]. For added flavor, I roasted the corn kernels the day before preparing this salad.
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar plus 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (I used half imported Spanish olive oil and half blood orange olive oil)
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 6 packed cups baby arugula leaves
- 1⁄2 small bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped (about 1?2 cup)
- 1 large ear of corn, shucked, silk removed, and kernels cut off cob
- 1 pint rainbow cherry tomatoes, halved (assorted colors preferred) or 3 medium heirloom tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces (assorted colors preferred)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Place arugula and half of the chopped parsley in a large bowl and toss with half of the vinaigrette. Transfer dressed salad to a platter.
- Using the same large bowl, add corn kernels with remaining parsley, and toss with half of remaining dressing and a small pinch of salt.
- Place corn mixture in the center of arugula on the platter. Arrange tomatoes around corn, and then drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.