A extremely wonderful soup from Simon Hopkinson's "roast chicken and other stories". Great on a cold day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 ml chicken stock or 600 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tom yam broth cubes (can be found in asian food market) (optional)
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot, unpeeled but chopped
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 4 small fresh red chilies, seeded,and finely chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 120 g fresh coriander, leaves finely chopped and reserved,stalks also finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 150 ml heavy cream
- 1Heat the chicken stock, tom yum cube, ginger, spring onions/scallions, chillies, lemon grass and garlic together.
- 2Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- 3Strain the mixture, and liquidize with the coriander/cilantro stalks, lime juice, fish sauec and coconut milk.
- 4Return to the pan, reheat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- 5Strain once more and return to the rinsed out pot.
- 6Add cream, and finely chopped coriander/cilantro to the soup and heat through once more.
- 7Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coriander (cilantro) And Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.6
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 1326.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: