Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From All You Have not made posting for safe keeping
- 1 3⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder, plus
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 450°F In a small bowl, stir together buttermilk and lemon peel. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, coriander, baking soda, salt and pepper. Cut in butter, using your fingers, 2 knives or a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture and pour in buttermilk mixture. Toss with a fork, scraping dry ingredients from bottom until just evenly moistened; do not overmix (dough should be very sticky). Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead lightly once or twice with floured hands. Pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness, about 10 inches in diameter.
- Dip a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter into flour and cut out biscuits, dipping cutter into flour before cutting each biscuit and using a straight in-and-out motion. Gather and re-pat scraps; cut out remaining biscuits. Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet and bake, rotating pan halfway through, until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Wonderful! So yummy and simple to make. Thanks for sharing!
Well, pinch my salt. If this isn't the prettiest of biscuits. Slightly aromatic and lighter than air. Makes me want to run off with a baker. Made for Everyday Is a Holiday.
I tagged this recipe in Photo Tag because it sounded so interesting. I made them this morning to use as breakfast sandwiches and Yummmmm! The biscuit flavors work beautifully with the ham for a great treat and the egg and cheese also blend well with the coriander. Thanks wicked for a wonderful breakfast and the very tasty biscuit recipe :D. I made a half amount and got 4 big sandwich sizes biscuits, I used 1 cup of white flour and 3/4 cup of whole wheat.