Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Something different to do on the BBQ. Easy and delicious.
- 4 kaiser rolls, Halved
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- barbecue sauce
- 4 slices black forest ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap abd pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place chicken breasts on greased grill using medium-high heat, close lid and cook, turning once, a total of about 12 minutes or until no longer pink inside or meat thermometer inserted in each piece reads 165(74C).
- On each chicken breast, slather some BBQ sauce on one side.
- Place slices of ham on each breast. Close lid. Let heat for 1 minute then put a slice of cheese on each breast/ham piece. Take off grill.
- In a bowl, combine well the mayonnaise, honey, horseradish and dry mustard, spread over cut sides or rolls.
- Build sandwiches with chicken and garnishes.
- Garnishes-Lettuce, Tomato, Thinly Sliced Onions, Sliced Pickled Hot Peppers.
These were tasty sandwiches and we enjoyed them. When I make them again, I'll have to make two batches of sauce...one with less horseradish and one with more added just to please everyone in my family.
OMG, I over ate. Let's call Oprah and spill our guts. It'll be an hour long special of real life drama with decades of residual guilt. I'd watch it.
Oh so good!! Made with 2 chicken breasts, but once I flattened them they were HUGE so I cut each in half and we ended up with enough for 4 sandwiches...lunch for tomorrow!! I used Virginia Ham and provolone cheese, and no onions or pickled peppers. Will be making again!! Made for All You Can Cook Buffet Game.