A la Parisienne - popular version of a traditional baked scallop recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb deep sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1 dash paprika
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh snipped parsley
- 1If using large scallops, cut into 3 or 4 pieces.
- 2In med. saucepan, cook and stir onion in butter until tender.
- 3Add scallops, lemon juice, salt, marjoram leaves, paprika, and wine; simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- 4Add mushrooms; simmer 2 minutes longer.
- 5Drain liquid from scallop mixture; set aside.
- 6Melt 1/3 cup butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
- 7Stir in flour.
- 8Cook over low heat until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 9Remove from heat; Stir in reserved liquid and cream.
- 10Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 11Boil and stir for 1 minute, then add parsley.
- 12Reserve 1/2 cup sauce; Add the rest to the scallop and mushroom mixture.
- 13Heat through, stirring often.
- 14Spoon scallop mixture into six individual baking dishes; spread each with 1 tbs.
- 15reserved sauce.
- 16Melt 1 tbs. butter in small skillet; add bread crumbs, stirring until brown.
- 17Place baking dishes on baking sheet.
- 18Set oven to"broil"; broil dishes 6 inches from heat 5 to 8 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- 19Sprinkle crumbs over the tops and serve.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coquilles St. Jacques
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.9
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 574.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 15.6 g