Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't remember where I got this recipe but it's good.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb scallops
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 2 tablespoons vermouth
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch fennel
- 1 drop lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- With 1 tablespoon butter, lightly grease deep pan. Add scallops, mushrooms, shallot, chives, fennel, vermouth, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover with waxed paper. Bring to boil.
- When boiling, remove pan from heat. Let stand 3 to 4 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove scallops. Set aside.
- Replace pan over high heat. Boil 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat remaining butter in saucepan. Add flour. Cook 2 minutes on low heat. Stir constantly.
- Pour cooking liquid into flour mixture. Whisk inches Add cream. Mix well. Cook 3 to 4 minutes. Replace scallops. Mix well. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve immediately.