Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I've always heard of this recipe and it sounds delicious but making it this weekend will be the first time I've tried it. My crock pot bit the dust the other day and the new one I purchased had a recipe book tucked inside the pot. (what a nice surprise!) This happens to be one of the recipes.
- In large skillet saute the diced bacon and green onions until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove and drain well.
- Add chicken breasts to the skillet and brown them well on both sides.
- Remove chicken and set it aside.
- Put the onion, mushrooms, new-potatoes and garlic in crock pot.
- Add browned chicken breasts, bacon and green onions, salt, pepper, thyme and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours.
- Add Burgundy Wine during last hour of cooking.
Great flavor! I followed the recipe as written. The chicken was not as tender as I would have liked but very tasty. Next time I will sauté the mushrooms before putting them in, I think this will help them to be a little more tender. Thanks for sharing.
My SO loved it, but I thought it was a little boring, although it smelled wonderful while cooking, and was as simple as could be. I'd probably add more veggies next time, maybe get a stronger red wine. I'm also lazy, so I skipped browning the breasts, so they didn't look too pretty, but cooked just fine, and used about three tablespoons of pre-cooked bacon pieces instead of making bacon myself (they're real bacon, by the salad dressing in the store). If you are looking for a subtle flavor that's easy to do, this is a great recipe!
This recipe was pretty good. I omitted the potatoes and used carrots instead. I also added more salt and pepper and a little Accent to taste.