Recipe by Kree
Another recreation of a fun wrap I discovered at a Box Lunch restaurant while vacationing in Cape Cod. It makes me feel like I'm eating in a trendy cafe.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was very good with both the sprouts and the lettuce (one for DH and one for me). I think I doubled the amount of avocado since I love it so much and followed the recipe. Made also with a spinach flavored wrap (2nd day) and it was great too! Made for All You Can Cook Buffet Game.
- 1 flour tortilla (soft taco size, about 7.5 inches)
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise or 2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 2 ounces thinly sliced turkey (enough for a couple of thin layers)
- romaine lettuce (the original included the sprouts, but I prefer the lettuce) or alfalfa sprout (the original included the sprouts, but I prefer the lettuce)
- 3 slices tomatoes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the mayonnaise on the tortilla, making sure to leave at least 1/2 inch around the outside.
- Scoop the flesh from the avocado and mash, mixing with a dash of lemon juice to preserve color. You should end up with about 1 1/2-2 Tablespoons mashed avocado. If your avocado is larger just save the rest for another sandwich!
- Spread avocado over mayonnaise.
- Add the turkey and a thin layer of lettuce or sprouts.
- Place the 3 tomato slices in a line down the center of the tortilla, if using.
- Make sure you don't fill the tortilla too full or get too close to the edge, or it won't wrap properly!
- Carefully roll the tortilla into a wrap. Cut into two pieces, if desired.
- Enjoy a taste of sunny California.