Recipe by Chef mariajane
Don't drain the macaroni too well before adding the other ingredients - a little extra moisture will keep the salad from drying out. If you've made the salad ahead of time simply stir in a little warm water to loosen the texture.
Top Review by AmyZoe
I found this from Cook's Country. Good stuff--disappears quickly. Next time I'll add some peas and maybe some cheese. It's great just as it is, but I even thought adding broccoli might give it some more. Thanks for posting this great recipe!
- table salt
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 small red onion, minced
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in large pot. Add 1 tablespoons salt and macaroni and cook until nearly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain in colander and rinse with cold water until cool, then drain briefly so that the macaroni remains moist. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in onion, celery, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder, and cayenne and let sit until flavors are absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise and let sit until salad texture is no longer watery, 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- (The salad can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days. Check consistency and seasonings before serving.).