We dont eat marshmallows due to the horse byproducts in them so this is something I fashioned to make up for the camp smores my kids cant have. They are decadent and delishious. For each serving you will need small squares of tin foil about 1 foot square Note recipe is for one serving I seem to be getting a lot of reviews that have nothing to do with this recipe but objections to my discription. So as I cant respond to the reviews, I will clarify here. Gelatin contains connective tissues of pigs, cows, horses, and if you get the kosher variety fish. Marshmallows contain gelatin. I am adding the following links for your purusal. I am saddened that my ratings are being affected by a misunderstanding. Even if you dont like my discription it would be nice to know if you like the recipe which is really the important part of this> I offered this recipe that my children and friends really like for your enjoyment. http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/533769 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelatin its good to know your ingredients
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1All ingredients are approximate. I usually just measure with my eyes or hands it always comes out just great.
- 2fold up the edges of the tin foil squares.
- 3cut bananas in half lengthwise and place on tinfoil a couple inches apart.
- 4crush cookies and spread between the bananas.
- 5spread dollops of the jam over the cookie crumbs.
- 6sprinkle with chocolate chips and then juice (or wine for the adult version) just to moisten the mixture.
- 7fold over the tinfoil and seal to make little pouches. place along the edge of your cook fire turning occasionally for about 15-30 minutes.
- 8I usually place these in the fire as I am serving supper and then they are ready when we are done eating supper.
- 9open the packets carefully to avoid steam burns and eat straight from the packets.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookout Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 80.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 65.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g