Recipe by Chef by Chance
This is an easy side dish paired with Barbecue-Rubbed Pork Chops in CL's April 2007 edition.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Great recipe! The whole family enjoyed it. I love grits but don't make cheese grits very often because they're so high in fat. This recipe was delicious and so much more healthy. Cooking Light rocks! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the milk and water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Slowly add the grits, stirring well with a whisk. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes until thick. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese, butter, salt, and pepper until cheese is melted.